Thursday, June 27, 2013

Just Asking?

Sometimes I realize I am a dunce when something obvious has been staring me in the face for a while.  The NRA & its supporters oppose Gun Licensing because it would create a national database that somehow violate the Right to Privacy and Bear Arms.

However, many of those same people advocate a national database so employers can verify that potential employees are in the country legally and eligible to work.  Don't they realize they will be in that database and how is that really all that different from a Gun License database.

And of course, we are all in the Social Security database, the driver's license database, the credit bureau database, our creditor's database, our former employer's database, our school's database, and the utility company databases.

As my regular readers know, I desire consistency in policy. If we have all these other databases, why not a Gun License database?


No comments:

Post a Comment