Saturday, January 30, 2016

Please Say No to Bernie Sanders

I don't know how many liberal Democrats read this blog as many of my readers are in foreign countries, but I have a message for any who find this writing.

Please do not vote for Bernie Sanders.  I know he says things that appeal to you, but it is precisely because they appeal to you that they will scare off voters who are needed to win in Ohio, Florida and Virginia, and maybe even Wisconsin.

It would be ironic if you nominated Bernie because you want a Single Payer Health Care Plan and you want to break up big banks, tax big business, end Citizen's United; and in the process let a Republican who doesn't give a rat's ass about protecting ObamaCare or conducting a prudent global affairs policy win the Presidency and nominate another Conservative Supreme Court Justice with Ruth Badar Ginsberg retires.

I predict that if Bernie Sanders is nominated, Democrats will rue that day for the next decade.  He will win big in Blue States and lose the competitive states and the GOP will control the legislative process for the next 4 years.  I cannot imagine the harm that will come to policies that Democrats care deeply about.

All I can say is that I am glad I will only have 8 months of no affordable health insurance until I hit Medicare if ObamaCare is simply repealed and not replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment