Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Weather Patterns Sure Are Different

From what I understand the steady intermittent rain that was unending for the last week to ten days depending on where you are along the Eastern Seaboard not only rained out the fireworks in Buchanan, VA where I was visiting, but also did some kind of course closing damage to the West Bolton Golf Club in Jericho, VT.  That is difficult to imagine because the creek there is only one side of one hole and then it is about 50 feet down a steep slope from which I have retrieved many a slice.

Ross Douthat has illuminated me again.  I did not realize that John McCain advocated doing away with employer sponsored health insurance in the 2008 campaign.  As my regular readers know, that is one of  my core beliefs about the proper structure of health insurance.  Of course, President Obama said no to that then as a campaign issue (and he could have done differently and won just on the economy) and then couldn't back down in the ferocious campaign against ObamaCare by the GOP in the Congress (DESPITE THE WHOLE DESIGN BEING DEVELOPED BY THE GOP THINK TANK - THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION - AND IMPLEMENTED BY GOVERNOR ROMNEY IN MASS.)

I must be getting old.  After a quick 4 day trip to Virginia, I needed to sleep 10 hours.  Don't know if it was the 8 hours each way in the car, the unfamiliar bed, or too much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment