Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bristol Palin's Autobiography?

OK, I know that Sarah Palin is milking her VP candidacy for all the money she can (and she is a master at doing that - I wish I had the platform and shameless personality to fatten my wallet that way), and it appears she has passed on these skills to her eldest daughter.

But how does a 20 year old single mother have anything worth telling about her life that could fill a 250 page autobiography?  She wasn't on the campaign trail because she was pregnant, although the early news is that she is slamming the McCains women.  Perhaps, they thought Bristol was a bad advertisement for Republican values on premarital teenage sex.  Or perhaps she is going to give teens advice on why they should avoid unprotected sex?   Or are we going to find out what it is like to be on Dancing With the Stars for endless pages?  Or are we going to get a chance to see what it was like being in kid in Wasilla, Alaska.  I suspect it was a lot like being a kid in any other small town in America, only most of those people have the common sense to keep their memories to themselves.

This smells like a publisher pandering to her mother's financial desires and hoping there are enough idiots out there for him/her to breakeven on this waste of time.

I can't believe I got irritated enough by this news to write this, but blogging is a cheap way to advertise personal thoughts, so maybe I am being too harsh on Bristol and am really envious that she can get a big payday for this stuff.  As I said, I admire Sarah Palin for her ability to get a big payday from just being herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment