Sunday, December 13, 2015

Religion is Never Simple

This is something I certainly forget, and it is certainly something that all politicians need to remember.

Ross Douthat's column today is an excellent reminder of that.

Link to Douthat column

And the GOP needs to remember that violent disrespectful language can breed violence.  Their disrespect for the President has had consequences that are now present in the primary campaign and there is no clear way to tone it down and that will certainly have different future consequences that I cannot predict.  But the history of my people tells me I am correct.

Here is a recap of the Crusades and how the Jews suffered from violence fermenting language.

Words can lead to killing

1 comment:

  1. Liberals made a movie contemplating the assassination of George W. Bush. And then there is the manner in which conservative women and blacks are characterized. Civility? Sure, bring it on.

    ReplyDelete