Thursday, May 19, 2016

House GOP Votes to Allow Discrimination Against Anyone People of Religion Want to Discriminate Against

 I really can't really believe I just wrote that.  I think of people who are religious as being welcoming of people with benevolence.

But that is not the case of our House of Representative Republicans.  Today, in the support of religious freedom, they voted to allow anyone who purports to be religious to discriminate against anyone they want to.  The law was specifically directed against gay and lesbians and transgenders, but Muslim's, Hispanic's and African-Americans cannot be far behind.  And since most of these people are Christian, I would think we Jews are at risk as well.

Once you are legally allowed to discriminate against anyone, no one is excepted from someone's prejudice.

This so un-American, I was speechless when I first found out it happened.  And you get bet your bippy that Donald Trump supporters are behind all this.  Even tho he claims to be benevolent toward the GLT community, his hatred of Muslim and Hispanics tolerates hatred of anyone, if you claim your religion, job desires, or fear warrants it.

Will the next thing be the use of guns to support these beliefs.  I can see the NRA lining up for this already.  That must be why the House Republicans voted this way.

Unbelievable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment