Sunday, May 21, 2017

Existential Experience Today Reminds Me

that the world should be focused on family, fun, friends, society and then politics.

But that is why things are so f**ked up today.

In my youth, I read a lot of Herman Hesse.  I think I should revisit those books soon, but I will have to find them.  One of my favorites invoked the theory that music drives our lives and provides solace.

Tonight I was reminded how Pink Floyd is such a driver of happiness in my soul.  The Band resides there as well, as does the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers.  In later times, Dire Straits, and many Punk Rock bands did as well.

The really horrible thing about the GOP domination of our political process is that it gets inside our brains and forces to abandon the life we love to fight that domination in any way our little individual self can.

To quote my son's Alama Mater:  "Fight On"

No comments:

Post a Comment