Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The Trump Thing That Drives Us Bonkers

RSL came into the living room last Friday and stated that the thing that Trump does that drives her nuts more than anything else is his trivial bullying.  I had to agree with her.  If it was just Conservative policies being implemented, I might be upset but it wouldn't effect my inner being the way it does.  After all, I went through 8 years of Bush II and never hated him the way I do Trump.   Bush II policies, which I didn't agree with in certain key ways, did not cause me to rant and vent anger in a manner like this in an effort to restore my inner calm.

Michael Gerson's column today identifies the Trump behavior that generates this difference and postulates that it is destroying the GOP.  It is the Trump preference for bullying and postulating falsehoods that ignore facts and truths.  He says it better than I ever could, but it will take time to see if it is really destroying the GOP.  This is the GOP that supports Mitch McConnell's and Ted Cruz's lies and deceit about the effect GOP policies will have on real people.

Anyway, here it the link.

Link to Gerson column

No comments:

Post a Comment