Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Why I am an Environmentalist!

I realized while writing the headline that I am not going to be as general as that might imply .  I am watching a NatGeoWild show on Tigers and the search for them in the last area necessary to complete an uninterrupted landscape along the Himalayas for them to live in.

Tigers are a magnificent breed that have survived for many millennium in Asia.  Now mankind is expanding into their territory and poaching, for bizarre reasons, is a very real risk for any surviving Tiger.

I do not believe that Tigers have any use for mankind to exist beyond their inherent Spiritual Existence as a magnificent being.  Humans are also magnificent beings and we should do everything possible to help the Tigers survive as an example of what Natural Selection has allowed this wondrous world to evolve into.

Thank you Hermann Hesse for that education.

No comments:

Post a Comment