Monday, January 9, 2012

Teaching

I will admit that I am not an expert on the process of education nor the best way for any level of government to manage this process.  I do believe that parents are the critical base for any child's education, that the public school system is the key to success for social mobility and that social mobility is a critical component of what makes the U.S. great.  Therefore, I looked at No Child Left Behind and The Race to the Top as well meaning efforts based upon some proven theory about improving the public schools.

A college friend of mine who has worked in education (college level) posted the following blog to his Facebook page.  It has caused me to move my thinking over the edge and believe that maybe Congress should reconsider its mandates in this area.

Here is the link to the blog:

http://realmrfitz.blogspot.com/2011/09/teachers-letter-to-obama-lesson-in.html?spref=fb

No comments:

Post a Comment