Saturday, October 12, 2013

Why Does it have to be so personal?

I will admit that I think societies should plan on just moving on from national psychosis of tragic events.    But I know that for some people that is important to them, particularly if they lost loved ones in the tragic event.  So I stifle my urge to tell them to just get over it and go about my business quietly on those days.

This morning I find out that the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and the Second Amendment Foundation want to declare 12/14 as "Guns Save Life's Day".  12/14 is the anniversary  date of the Newtown, CT elementary school massacre in which 21 1st Graders were killed.

Why would an NRA type organization pick a day like that?  That is the equivalent of Al Qaeda celebrating 9/11 as a holiday.  Are we all Americans or what?  Can't there be any respect for another person's point of view no matter how different it is from yours?  This seems to be a very personal vendetta on the part of these NRA organizations and I don't understand their motivations.  The organizer said he doesn't plan events in Newtown, but he doesn't control what his supporters do.

No comments:

Post a Comment