Thursday, May 15, 2014

Report From the Road II

Yes, I am a busy traveler.  This time to Virginia for some family college graduation celebrations.  I 81 is now as busy as I 80.

On Monday, I was cut from from my desired career reinvention (after being told Friday to update my Linked-In page).  They did this on the basis of an assessment that my personality was not of the type that successfully builds a group.  They said I was formal and inflexible.

I could disagree with that, but they don't know how I relate well with blue collar workers and professionals of all persuasions.  They don't know what a master networker I became when I was unemployed 13 years ago.  They don't know how I fit in and motivated my staff with an informal style that was much appreciated at my last two real jobs.  They obviously don't appreciate that a marketing company that has a personality driven business must be accepting of personalities of varying types.  They are obviously not as great a company as I thought they were when I agreed to proceed with them.  C'est la Vie!

On some other points.  I noted that the U.S. Defense Department considers climate change to be a grave risk to U.S. interests.  I doubt the GOP will notice which is strange given their propensity to believe whatever the DOD says is real.

I have been silent on Putin because he has taken a grave turn for the worse and any good solutions need Europe to adopt different energy consumption patterns and that is not easy.

Science denial is as dangerous on the left as it is on the right.  GMO grains have been consumed for at least 15 years and no one is the worse for it.  The only way we are going to feed 9 or 10 billion people which is the likely plateau level for global population is to use GMO foods.

NYC should not be surprised, the laws of economics (supply/demand and clearing prices) work.  When you have rent control and building restrictions collide with affluence, the poor and lower middle class get pushed out and you end up with a shortage of affordable housing.


No comments:

Post a Comment