Thursday, November 20, 2014

Brrrr & other musings

I sure am glad I don't live the south Buffalo suburb's.  7 or 8 feet of snow, plus drifts, is too much for even the avid skier in me.   And the geography south of Buffalo is not sufficiently hilly for any good skiing no matter how much snow you have.

So what I am doing tomorrow in the sub-32 degree morning?  Trying to squeeze in one last golf round and practice some new stuff I just learned on my videos.  Got to get those hips moving before the arms get there while keeping the hands forward.

I hear a pro-Israel radio ad this morning.  It got me thinking.  I am pro-Israel on every point except for the West Bank Settlements.  I'm not always that forthright because the settlements drive me crazy.  You can't make peace with someone who has insufficient land for their population.  But, I do acknowledge that Israel must do whatever is necessary to preserve the physical safety of its population.  And as I blogged a while ago, some 70% of American Jews agree with this.  It is just the vocal 30% who say Israel can do no wrong who dominate the conversation from America toward Israel in the Jewish community.  The ad was about Iran, and the need to hang tough with them.  My brain hurts when I think about that because then we have to think about ISIS, and where ISIS gets it's money (Sunni Turkey buying the oil and rich Qatar's and Saudi's sending $, while Iran/Russia support Assad whose fighting ISIS and ISIS wants to fight the Iranians.  Thank goodness the Saudi's are pumping oil so the price plummets and causes cash shortfalls in both Iran and Russia.

I am pro-immigration beyond the pale, but I just don't think by-passing the legislative process is the way to do it, despite the fact that apparently Reagan and Bush I did it this way.

And I am baffled by the strength of NIMBY's in this country.  You can't always get what you want.  Gotta go now, the Rolling Stones are running through my brain and I need to find my iPod to get some satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment