Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Roots & Immigration

I am watching Henry Louis Gates Jr's "Finding Your Roots".

Tonight he is showing what the search into 3 prominent Jews revealed about their Roots.  No Yiddish Land Jew can look at such at history and not say "There but for the grace of God, go I."

28 Jews were allowed into the U.S. and escaped Nazi Germany because a brave man said they would have jobs when they got here.  Alan Dershowitz said a truthful statement about my life:  I am here because my great grandparents made brave decisions.

I am here because of brave great-parents and brave grand parents.

Immigration made me and made this country great.  We should never ever turn people who want to be here away.  They will work harder then any native born person to succeed.

I don't understand why the GOP hates immigrants.


No comments:

Post a Comment