Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Even Elite Colleges Fail to Produce Intelligent Graduates, Ted Cruz

As a graduate of the University of Chicago Business School, I have long felt slighted at the aura Harvard graduates have around them in the eyes of recruiters.  I have also noticed that when companies failed they are frequently led by Harvard Business School graduates who were head strong, didn't listen well, and didn't respect their underlings.  This does not mean all Harvard Graduates have those fatal traits, just some of them who have the tendency to master the bureaucratic political process to rise to the top of big corporations.

Now we have example number one that even Princeton and Harvard Law can graduate a dud.  Everything Ted Cruz stands for policy wise is an assault upon my senses.  However, his policies are in the main stream of the Republican Party today.  Watch the 2016 GOP platform and I guarantee it will be indistinguishable from what Ted Cruz represents.

However, the speed with which the GOP venomous wags have come out against Ted Cruz with personal assaults is stunning.  When Donald Trump and Peter King are out for you, you know you have a problem in the base.

Why is that?  Well, you can fault Ted Cruz for a lot of his policy beliefs, but they are GOP mainstream.  I think the issue is the same problem I noticed in some Harvard Business School graduates.  He is headstrong, doesn't respect the opposition or even some of his teammates, and clearly doesn't know how to listen.

That unfortunately, is a problem some smart people have and why they are failures as leaders.  I am always amazed, have had the importance of teamwork drilled into me growing up, being educated and seeing it at work in successful organization, that some people who go to great schools fail to see that and insist on their way or no way.

I am sorry the 2016 campaign has begun, but hopefully I will be able to stay distracted and maintain my low blood pressure.  I just wish a Democrat other than Hillary would get some momentum, but many of the other candidates either have serious flaws or are little known.

That is really depressing.

1 comment:

  1. Cruz graduated from Harvard Law (as did Obama), not Harvard Business School. (See also today's RedStateVT post).

    ReplyDelete