Monday, October 24, 2016

Anger is Very Tiring

I don't know about you but I am mentally exhausted by this campaign.  While watching the NLCS be won by the Cub's for their first championship in 71 years, I was subject to Donald Trump PAC advertisements slamming Hillary with falsehoods that were deemed to be falsehoods months ago.

Of course, this is all in support of a guy who spouted Birthism for years and is still reluctant to admit that he was wrong about any number of lies that he has promulgated.

Which only makes me more exhausted.  We have the future spectacle that the House of Representatives will be controlled nominally by the GOP, but in reality will likely be in the control of the Freedom Caucus which will have the sole goal of stopping a President Clinton of accomplishing anything.

The only path I can see for this not to happen is for Clinton II to govern from the middle and provide some cover to the few moderate Republicans who are interested in solving the problems that have caused such anger to boil over in Trumpism.

But what I am really wondering is how can the collective totality of the GOP sustain this anger at Democratic Presidents.  They have been angry with President Obama for over 7 years.  They are building themselves up to be angry with President Clinton II for the next 4 years.

While I have been upset with the GOP's intransigence for the last 7 years, I cannot sustain the anger that they can.  And I don't know how they do it.  They must be as mentally exhausted as I am.

And while most of my readers are in other countries, I urge my U.S. readers to get out and vote for Democrats across the board because we need to undo GOP gerrymandering in many state legislatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment