Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Trump Overload and The Rule of Law

There really is no link between the two, they are just the two topics I feel compelled to write about today.

I saw a short article somewhere this morning about how Trump so dominates the news cycle that one can not escape paying some attention to it and that is both exhausting and frustrating to those who think he is dangerous.  I am trying to pay less attention, but since I am a news junkie, I can only take that so far.

Then there is David Leonhardt's column this morning.  He highlights 5 ways in which King Donald is  trying to downgrade the Rule of Law which is what Monarch's do.  It is a worthwhile read and would be very scary if it were not for the Judicial system which is doing its job.  What is noteworthy is that most of the GOP is tolerating it and many are embracing it in state houses across RedState America. That is very sad and a call to protest in every way possible.

Link to column

No comments:

Post a Comment