Thursday, August 11, 2016

American Politics is Insane (and not likely to improve after November)

Link to How American Politics Went Insane



I printed this 30 page piece and have yet to read it, but I posted it because I want my loyal readers to see ASAP.  I know from the WAPO column that linked it for me that the premise is the last 6 years of gridlock in Washington is going to continue for another 4 years no matter who wins the election, but specifically if Hillary Clinton is President.  The GOP nut cases who constitute the Tea Party and Freedom Caucus will be even more powerful as it is middle of the road Republicans who will lose their 2016 elections.  Ted Cruz and his like minded types will be in no mood for compromise leading to frustration on the part of everybody.

The only saving grace if you are a Democrat is at least Hillary will be appointing Supreme Court Justices and longer term that may have a benefit by getting Citizens United overturned.  Corporations cannot vote and they should not be able to influence elections with undisclosed and unlimited money.


No comments:

Post a Comment