Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I am World Class

No, not as a blogger, although I like to think I am more thoughtful and balanced then many of those whose sights get thousands of hits.

I am a World Class iPhone Solitaire player.  Not as a scorer because scoring rewards speed and you have to be kid with really nimble thumb technique to world class as a scorer.  But I am in fewest moves.  When I win a game, I estimate I have a 20% chance of being in the top 10 fewest moves.  Usually only 1 to 3 moves separate people in the top 10 and I can be anywhere on the list, including first.  And sometimes I am the fewest by as much as 3 or 4 which I think means I found the most efficient possible way to a win in those case.  And sometimes I am not even on the list being 10 back of the leader, which shows how tough it is to get on the list.

I can tell from the other names on the list that people all over the world are playing this game and that  is the quantifiable basis on which I proclaim I am World Class.

And playing solitaire on the iPhone in competition with players all over the world sure beats being angry about the nonsense the GOP spews out to rile up their base and try to take over the Congress in a low turnout election.  I have no control over any turnout other than my own and I live in NY, so even that won't make much difference.  Maybe we should move to Virginia, but RSL wants nothing to do with the place other than visit her sister and bring home garden produce.  Our turnout would matter in Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment