Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rob Astorino

The GOP Westchester County Executive wants to run for Governor of NY State.  It will be interesting to see how his strategy of getting lots of votes upstate works.  He is pro-fracking.  I happen to be also, but will not vote for him because I cannot vote for any Republican until they become more balanced in their approach to just about everything.

The problem with his strategy is many of the rural Republican voters are NIMBY's.  They don't want a gas pipeline built along Interstate 88 and they don't want fracking.  You can frack all you want, but you need a pipeline to take the gas away to the market where it will be used.

So Mr. Astorino will have to be both pro-Constellation pipeline and pro-fracking.  Again, I support both of these activities, but I don't believe the upstate NIMBY voters will.  So I think Mr. Astorino is doomed to remain Westchester County Executive.

No comments:

Post a Comment