Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Islam needs to show outrage

I know I have no Islamic readers so this is just me spinning words into the digital world.

It is truly outrageous that the Taliban would shoot a 14 year old girl for advocating education for girls and some decent level of rights for women.  And since this occurred in Pakistan which has had numerous women in senior roles of government, you would expect this to be an accepted fact of life at the policy level.

But there is no outrage directed at the Taliban by the Pakistani government for this shooting.  There is no outrage in any other part of the Islamic world.  While I might understand the lack of such outrage in the Gulf States where women have no rights, I expect more from Muslims in India, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Malaysia.  They need to show they disapprove of such actions and the scorn in brings down on the Muslim Religion by people who have other faiths.

No comments:

Post a Comment