Saturday, November 16, 2013

Who Reads My Blog

It must be people like me who are now despondent that things that were obvious to us are now potentially going to cause HeritageFoundation/Romney/Obamacare to fail.  Well take heart, the Affordable Health Care Act ("ACA") is going to happen and we can only hope that all the uninsured sign up.  Because once that happens, the ACA will be seen as a success by most people.

I put that title on this post because my readership has dropped like a stone since the problems emerged for the President with the implementation of the ACA.

But there is a much bigger issue brewing in American politics and that is the emergence of income inequality and the stagnant middle class dream wasting away from the middle class.  That is at the heart of both the Tea Party and a burgeoning wing of the Democratic Party.  Bill DeBlasio was not my choice for NYC Mayor, but Stop & Frisk, which I support, and resentment of the 1% is very real in much of the NYC electorate.

Now the NYC electorate is hardly representative of anything other than the NYC electorate.  But in catching up with David Brooks Newshour discussions tonight I heard him say than what happened in NYC is very much indicative of how the whole country feels about the 1%.  And it is a real political issue.

There is also a New Republic article on Elizabeth Warren vs Hillary Clinton that touches on this.  Hillary has a lot of support in the banking community from which I come.  Middle of the Road, the bankers are good guys, conservative values need to be incorporated into liberal ideas.  The country is possibly leaving us behind in resentment at the banks getting off with fines for their misbehavior 5 to 8 years ago.  Well, what else can you do to corporations?  We who own stocks also lost out in 2008.  But it may not matter to the Democratic electorate.

The New Republic article speculates that Elizabeth Warren could beat Hillary in the Primary by tapping  into this hatred of the successful.  That would leave me in a quandary.  I do respect Conservative Ideas when they are aimed at making the government work more efficiently, when they propose private sector solutions to government inefficiencies, and when they prevent some of the really crazy Democratic ideas from happening (e.g. Bernie Sander who I never voted for).

But I cannot vote for a Republican who advocates dismantling the government.  We need a safety net.  We need a functioning court system.  $%^&* we need a functioning government.  The Tea Party does not represent that and I may have to vote for a Bernie Sanders type person on the lesser of 2 evils principle because RINO's get no respect in the current GOP.

I guess I am MAD and I am going to have to just keep taking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment